PRO TIP | Let Power BI create insights for you
Quick Insights is a feature of Power BI that helps to :
- Build a quick dashboard
- Give a quick idea about the data
- Provides insights in case they were missed
- Generate interesting visualisations based on data available
To get started
Power BI searches for data trends in the Dataset and creates insights.
- It will display the insights created based on various algorithms, highlighted in article below, used by power bi on the data in the dataset.
- You can now pin the the insights to your Dashboard.
Open the Dashboard –> Hover on upper right corner on a tile –> Select (…) –> Select Related Insights
This will open insights related to the tile.
- You can select and pin insights from here to dashboards as well.
- This way you can keep digging the data and pin the most relevant data to your dashboard.
What algorithms are used by Power BI?
- Majority (Major Factors)
- Category outliers
- Time Line outliers
- Trends in time series
- Seasonality in time series
- Change points in time series
- Steady share